1. Duck out of work early for a happy hour dinner. With great dinner, drink, and appetizers discounts, you’ll zip through your day knowing you’ve got a great (and cheap!) meal to look forward to. Invite friends—most happy hours last through 7pm! If you’re in Baltimore you’ll want to visit RA Sushi for some tasty sushi and signature cocktails (3pm-7pm), Talara for $5 wine/mojitos and specialty tapas items (4pm-7pm), Charles Village Pub for their extensive $5 food menu. Don’t miss The Brewer’s Art for their extra-long Monday happy hour, which lasts from 4pm-close and features all their delicious house beers for just $3.50 per pour (and try their rosemary garlic fries!).
2. Check out a live music or comedy show at a local venue. There’s always a show going on somewhere, and sometimes Mondays offer you the best deals on cheap drinks and super-cool emerging artists. Get to Googling! For Baltimoreons: In addition to their varied downstairs calendar, The Ottobar offers weekly “Metal Monday,” with $9 all you can drink rail/select beers from 9pm-11pm. Local radio station 98Rock sponsors their “Noise in the Basement” show every Monday at the Baltimore Soundstage at 8pm with a $4.98 cover, offering an open bar for the first 98 minutes followed by 98 cent drink specials all night.
3. Make Monday your “cheat day.” Don’t usually eat sweets? Indulge in your favorite dessert on Monday evening. Treat yourself to a glass of wine, a bouquet of flowers to brighten up your home, an item you’ve been dying to buy, or a dinner out. You’ll start looking forward to Mondays if those are the days that you’re kinder to yourself.
4. Accomplish something right away. Cross something off your to-do list before you go to bed on Monday night, even if it’s just taking out the trash or doing a load of laundry. If you can feel productive on Monday, it will set the tone for your whole week.
5. Turn Manic Monday into Makeover Monday. Do something fun to change things up. Dye your hair, change the color of your nail polish, or experiment with a new shade of eye shadow. If your hair is normally straight, go curly. Add a pop of color to your outfit to liven things up. If your look doesn’t fall flat, then neither will your attitude, and you’ll be receiving compliments all day.